Saturday, October 31, 2009

What is marriage?

Marriage can be defined in a million ways but for me marriage means everything. It is not only the blessing from the priest, our parents, home affairs, etc. but it is a life commitment , which changes a person form the level A to the level Z i.e. you should not get married today and then divorce one day but you have to remain married until death you part.

According to me, marriage is about loving the partner the way you love yourself such as carrying, spoiling, admiring, praising, standing on his/her side and being his/her total support. You cannot stay a moment without telling your partner you love him/her. Marriage is about giving the best of yourself to the person you be living with the rest of your life. Although, you should be different from the beginning as you come from different backgrounds i.e. different families, different educations, different ways of thinking, etc, but once married, you should harmonise everything and forget about you both come from and create your own world with own principles and rules. That’s how I personally see the marriage.

Sometimes when I wake-up in the middle of night while my wife is asleep, I tell her I love you “my everything”, then in the morning she will tell me I love you too. So, sometimes I ask her why you don’t just tell me that you love me but you say too; and she’d answer I hear you in the night but I was tired to reply that’s the reason why I say it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment